This article will discuss how to turn on dark mode on Snapchat. Whether you are using an iPhone or an Android mobile phone, these tips will come in handy.
What is Dark Mode on Snapchat?
The harsh blue light from mobile screens can make it hard to sleep, cause headaches, and more when people use their phones at night. The dark mode is an alternative to this found in many apps, websites, and smart devices. The mobile setting turns the app’s theme into a darker landscape. It’s also known as bedtime mode because the dark theme is less straining on the eyes while using the phone at night.
Apps were at their peak in terms of dark mode adoption in 2019. The software makers mainly focused on implementing dark mode for their applications. It became a breeze when system-wide dark themes were introduced on Android and iOS. Snapchat stands out as the only App that didn’t follow industry trends. Many people use Snap Streaks to maintain photo streaks with friends, and back in 2019, it introduced dark mode on iOS. Here’s how to turn on Snapchat’s dark mode.
Also Read: Why isn’t Snapchat working for your brand?
How to Turn On Dark Mode on Snapchat? (For Android)
Well, we have some bad news, Android users. While there have been some reports of Snapchat Dark Mode beta testing, the setting isn’t fully available.
If you see the same, don’t worry!
Snapchat can now be used in Darker Mode thanks to a few workarounds.
Method 1: Enable Snapchat Dark Mode using the developer options
On your Android device, you must enable Developer mode.
- The first step is to go to your Settings and select Display.
- Select Dark Mode, which will apply the black theme across all apps on your phone.
Snapchat can be forced to use Dark Mode if you use a few alternative methods on Android, although they are somewhat outdated. “Substratum” is an easy-to-use app. For Substratum to work, you need to root your Android device.
- Select “About phone” in the Setting menu
- Then, tap several times “Build number.” Your Android device now has developer mode enabled.
- Tap on the “Developer options” from the “Advanced” dropdown.
- When you reach the “HARDWARE ACCELERATED RENDERING” section, tap “Override force-dark” to enable it.
Snapchat’s Android app remains in light mode despite forcing dark mode on newer versions. As a result, you’ll need to download and install Snapchat from APKMirror.
- The Snap version 10.72.0.0 can be downloaded on your device by clicking the APKMirror link and selecting the “Download APK” button. If you take this approach, you will get Snapchat’s dark theme immediately, but you will miss out on the new features.
- The forced dark mode toggle in Snapchat for Android enables the dark theme manually. There are no problems with the readability or legibility of the text.
Yes, this is the only way to immediately get dark mode in Snapchat on Android.
There is a very similar setting in “Developer options” called “Override force-dark,” which replaces the old “Force Dark Mode” setting in the “Display” options menu. In “Override force-dark,” the “forcing” makes dark mode always on, so apps use the system’s dark mode settings instead of their own. Due to the new “Dark theme” labeling in the “display” settings, the old “Force Dark Mode” may not work for some apps and never turns off. Still, Snapchat doesn’t go black for some reason.
Method: 3 Enable Snapchat Dark Mode (Oppo, OnePlus, Vivo)
With ColorOS/FuntouchOS, you can enable Snapchat dark mode on select Oppo, Vivo, and OnePlus phones. However, OxygenOS builds based on ColorOS are required for OnePlus phones.
- In the Settings app, tap “Display & brightness.” You can now tweak dark mode settings.
- You will see the list of applications that support forced dark mode when you tap “Dark mode for third-party apps (Beta).”
- Enable Snapchat from the supported apps list. Turn on the dark mode by selecting “Turn on” in the confirmation prompt.
- Enjoy Snapchat’s dark theme now! This implementation looks better than the Developer Options-enabled system-wide forced dark mode.
How to Get Dark Mode on Snapchat (for iOS)
Follow the instructions below to turn on the dark mode on iPhone models.
Method 1: The Straightforward method
Launch the Snapchat app
Tap on your “Bitmoji” in the top left corner of the screen
Now go to “Settings” by tapping on the gear icon in the top right corner
Scroll down, until you see “App Appearance”
Choose “Always Dark”.
Enabling this setting will turn your Snapchat app into dark mode. It’s easy, right?
Method:2 Alternate switching by Match system
You can enable dark mode on Snapchat in more ways than just the app appearance. You can sync Snapchat with your device’s light and dark themes if you prefer. It’s easy.
- Click your avatar on Snapchat.
- “My Account” > “App appearance” in settings.
- Choose “Match system.” Snapchat will now match your theme to the iOS theme. Snapchat now looks according to your phone’s theme.
Method: 3 Automate Snapchat app theme on iPhone
Snapchat for iPhone allows you to automate this mode. The Snapchat dark mode will no longer have to be turned on manually each time it is needed. The theme of your phone and App will change based on the time of day. Before starting this process, make sure Snapchat’s match system is enabled.
- Go to the Phone’s Settings and scroll down to “Display and Brightness.”
- Select “Automatic” and then “Options.”
- You can choose when to use the iOS light or dark theme. Alternate sunrise and sunset on your iPhone theme. Your phone’s theme will automatically change Snapchat’s modes.
These methods will allow you to use dark mode on Snapchat. Start enjoying the App in a dark theme by choosing a dark mode method.
Also Read: The Ultimate Guide to Recover a Locked Snapchat Account
We hope now you know how to Turn On Dark Mode on Snapchat. The above article explained apps could be set to Dark Mode when the color scheme changes to a darker landscape. You might also call this bedtime mode if you plan to stay up late. Facebook and Snapchat have Dark Mode.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will android get a dark mode for Snapchat?
We don’t know. There has been no information about a darker theme for Snapchat users on Android even in 2022. But, together, we can force Snapchat to release a dark theme. Open Snapchat settings and tap on the “I have a suggestion” box. Fill it out and submit it to let Snapchat know that you want a dark theme. When more users request this feature, the more likely it is that Snapchat will consider the request.
Will Snapchat Dark Mode extend my battery life?
In ideal conditions, the dark mode should extend your battery life – no matter the app. This is because when you use a brighter theme, your phone drains more power to brighten up the colors. The dark theme, on the other hand, uses very minimal brightness. Therefore, it’s ought to increase the battery time.
How to make Snapchat dark mode?
Please read our instructions above to accomplish this task. If you are an iPhone user, you are in luck. Android users will have to go through a few workarounds to make Snapchat dark.